Total Pageviews

Friday 19 November 2010

My Creative Engineering Weed Eater Beam.

Back to my Best toy the Bus! I do love my bus. i just cant get the stance quite right yet, Done all i could with a modified stock beam but was not Happy. In a strange sort of way had a stroke of luck, while meeting with the fellow Vw enthusiasts the Aylesbury Low Life's one week end back in that distant memory we called summer, some kind gentleman i believe his name may have been captain cock head ! managed to back into my pride & Joy Obviously i was most under standing as its only SMALL ! Any way cut a long story short his insurance offered me £1300.00 to get it repaired my self, £40.00 quids worth of panels a donated rear light lens from kieron (Thanks Mate) one weekends work and all sorted that where luck comes in i had i little money left from the repair. Told you it was in a strange way, any way lots of money later my bus looked a little better, Pictures below have a look i think it a great piece of kit.

The Dink courtesy of Captain Cock !

Old Beam out, Not so easy when your on your Own.

Old beam stripped ready for retirement!!

Bits every where its amazing how many bits you have once you start to take it apart.


Now were Moving the Springs have been cut down here and I'm re-drilling the countersinks for the grub screws, I would advise anyone who has little experience with this kind of job to get it done professionally not an easy one to get right.

Painted parts ready to be reasembled.

the new beam Sexy but not a patch on the wife !

Nearly there looking better all the time.

Just waiting for the new track control arms to arrive to complete.

The new & the old just a little difference in length.

Track control arms installed back on the ground Low enough, Maybe.

Dropped Tucked & sweet as a nut ! May be a little lower may have to notch the rails though.



1 comment:

  1. I have a bus.But now i need to replace its parts.So i am searching for the best parts.Can i use this weed eater parts.

    ReplyDelete